VBS 2015 – Family and Friends Day
This Sunday is family and friends week for VBS. The kids will perform and I will lead some sing along songs and preach. The message is, five essentials for strong kids. This is an important teaching for kids of all ages and for those that love them. You will be surprised how much you can help kids grow even if you have no kids in your home at this time.
Sunday is a big hospitality test for us as a community. We will have lots of guests and new families. Please make them feel this is a safe place to call a church home.
How can you help?
- Pray for the parents and children that come.
- Come yourself with an open heart.
- Make a point to notice people and greet them.
- Invite people to sit or attend a small group with you.
1Pe 4:9, Be hospitable to one another without complaint.
- Remember we have a big barbeque at the Toledo City Park after the 11:00 am service.
Please consider the following scriptures and questions prayerfully.
- Describe some ways moms and dads can positively make their children stronger. Share a personal experience if possible.
- Describe some ways moms or dads can weaken their children. Share an experience if you can
- Describe ways others helped you to grow up?
1Th 5:11, Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.
- How could you thank them?
- When did Jesus become more than just a word to you?
- How has God helped you grow strong?
Eph 1:18-21, I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might 20which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
- In what ways has your church experience helped you grow up?
Eph 4:15-16, but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, 16from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.
- What are ways you can help children around you grow up strong?