Welcome to Toledo First Baptist Church!
Below we have some tabbed content that goes over some of the basics, like who we are and what we’re all about. To the right (or all the way down on mobile devices) we have some information on how to contact us, Our Service Times, and some other stuff you might be interested in. Please look around and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to give to contact us via phone, email, Facebook, or Instagram.
Who We Are
Here at Toledo First Baptist, we are guided by one phrase: Love God and Love Others. These two ideas drive all that we do. We believe that Jesus meant it when He said, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind” and “Love your neighbor as yourself”. There was no “love your neighbor as yourself as long as they think or look like you”, or “as long as it is easy or comfortable.”
We believe that we love God by loving others, even when it’s a challenge. Jesus taught that others would recognize us as His followers by how well we love.
Our goal in our ministry is focused on the how… How can we love God and love others in the way that Jesus describes? The way we go about this is by gathering for times of worship, studying His Word, practicing kindness in our community, and by praying with each other. Our desire is for you to come to this church and feel like you’re a part of an accepting community. We want you to grow in a closer relationship with Jesus Christ and grow to love the people around you.
Ways to Connect
From The Garden for our Preschoolers to Prime Timers for our seniors, we do our best to provide opportunities for people to connect with each other. Below are some of the ministry groups we support. Check them out by clicking on them!
- Preschool Ministry
- Children’s Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- Adult Small Group Ministry
- Men’s Ministry
- Women’s Ministry
- Young Couples
- Prime Timers
Focusing on Family
Supporting families to love God and each other in a deeper way is one of our main focuses. We do this by assisting families to grow in their relationships through individual, couples, and family counseling. We also offer seminars, retreats, and sermons that provide useful tools and techniques to help us learn how to better love each other, and most importantly, to love Christ.
We have many different activities and events for children of all ages. Our weekly activities include children and youth small groups on Sunday Mornings and our Awana program for children and Refuel for youth every Wednesday. These are some of the other activities we host annually…
- Vacation Bible School (Pre-K – 12th grade)
- Kids Camp (1st – 6th grade)
- Youth Camp (7th-12th grade)
YES Team, short for Youth Equipped to Serve, is a team that is made up of our students (7th-12th grade) who are strong in their faith. They play major leadership roles in our ministry programs such as VBS, Soccer Camp, Kid’s Camp, and many others during the Summer. Every student who wishes to join the YES team must go through extensive training that not only gives students the proper skills and knowledge to become student leaders, but also helps them to grow closer to Christ and learn to know Him at a deeper level. If you’re interested in YES Team, or youth ministry as a whole, click here.
Down below is our amazing pastoral and supporting staff that help keep things in order here at Toledo First Baptist. Go ahead and click on any of the names to learn more about them!
- We believe the Bible to be completely true and authoritative in all areas of faith and practice. (John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe God eternally exists as one God in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each person of the Trinity is fully and completely God, sharing all of the divine attributes in a perfect loving communion. (Matthew 28:19; John 1:14; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Colossians 1:15-20; Hebrews 1:1-3; Revelation 1:4-6)
- We believe Jesus Christ is the perfect revelation of God to humankind. He is fully God and fully man. After voluntarily coming to earth and living a sinless life, He died on the cross as the substitute for humanity’s sin. His resurrection from the grave affirms His victory over sin and death. (Matthew 1:18-2:12; John 1:1-18; Romans 3:21-26; Philippians 2:5-8; Colossians 1:15-23; Hebrews 1:1-13; 1 Peter 3:18; 1 John 1:1-2:2)
- We believe God created humans, both male and female, in His perfect image. Because of its rebellion, however, all humanity is alienated from God. As a result, humans are incapable of having a relationship with God based solely upon their effort. (Genesis 1:26-31; Romans 3:10-18; Ephesians 2:1-3)
- We believe that all who trust in Jesus Christ alone as their Lord and Savior will receive the forgiveness of sins and the free gift of eternal life. (John 3:16, 6:35-40, 10:27-30; Romans 8:28-39; Philippians 1:6; 2 Timothy 2:13; 1 Peter 1:3-9; 1 John 5:11-13)
- We believe the Holy Spirit permanently indwells all believers at the time of salvation and guides them in the journey to become like Christ. (John 14:15-26; Acts 2:1-33; Romans 8:1-27; Galatians 5:16-23; 1 John 2:20-27)
- We believe that Christians should develop in their faith and be committed to a life of personally loving God and His people. This Commitment is expressed through faithfully gathering for corporate and private worship, participation in small group, daily acts of love and kindness, giving financially in a God-honoring way, and sharing your love for Christ with those you live with. (2 Corinthians 9:7; Acts 2:42-47; Romans 12:4-8; Matthew 5:16; Matthew 28:19-20)
Monday – 10:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday – 10:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday – 10:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday – 10:00am – 5:00pm
Friday – 10:00am – 5:00pm