Down below is our amazing pastoral and supporting staff that help keep things in order here at Toledo First Baptist. Go ahead and click on any of the names to learn more about them!
- We believe the Bible to be completely true and authoritative in all areas of faith and practice. (John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe God eternally exists as one God in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each person of the Trinity is fully and completely God, sharing all of the divine attributes in a perfect loving communion. (Matthew 28:19; John 1:14; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Colossians 1:15-20; Hebrews 1:1-3; Revelation 1:4-6)
- We believe Jesus Christ is the perfect revelation of God to humankind. He is fully God and fully man. After voluntarily coming to earth and living a sinless life, He died on the cross as the substitute for humanity’s sin. His resurrection from the grave affirms His victory over sin and death. (Matthew 1:18-2:12; John 1:1-18; Romans 3:21-26; Philippians 2:5-8; Colossians 1:15-23; Hebrews 1:1-13; 1 Peter 3:18; 1 John 1:1-2:2)
- We believe God created humans, both male and female, in His perfect image. Because of its rebellion, however, all humanity is alienated from God. As a result, humans are incapable of having a relationship with God based solely upon their effort. (Genesis 1:26-31; Romans 3:10-18; Ephesians 2:1-3)
- We believe that all who trust in Jesus Christ alone as their Lord and Savior will receive the forgiveness of sins and the free gift of eternal life. (John 3:16, 6:35-40, 10:27-30; Romans 8:28-39; Philippians 1:6; 2 Timothy 2:13; 1 Peter 1:3-9; 1 John 5:11-13)
- We believe the Holy Spirit permanently indwells all believers at the time of salvation and guides them in the journey to become like Christ. (John 14:15-26; Acts 2:1-33; Romans 8:1-27; Galatians 5:16-23; 1 John 2:20-27)
- We believe that Christians should develop in their faith and be committed to a life of personally loving God and His people. This Commitment is expressed through faithfully gathering for corporate and private worship, participation in small group, daily acts of love and kindness, giving financially in a God-honoring way, and sharing your love for Christ with those you live with. (2 Corinthians 9:7; Acts 2:42-47; Romans 12:4-8; Matthew 5:16; Matthew 28:19-20)