God’s Activity in Haiti
Dear Church Family,
This Sunday I have the opportunity to share with you about our trip to Haiti during Spring Break. Many of you gave school supplies and money towards this trip. You also prayed for Elizabeth and I. Every time we go I am amazed at the activity of God. You will be so encouraged by the stories of what we saw. Plan to come! There will be lots of pictures. Be sure to also plan on going to a small group.
Pastor Joe will resume his series from the Sermon on the Mount on Sunday, June 11.
PREPARING FOR SUNDAY: SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
Read: James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world.
- What are some practical ways you can demonstrate acts of love to orphans?
- What are some practical ways you can demonstrate care for widows?
- What can you do to keep yourself unstained by this world?
Read: Acts 2:42 They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
- How can we stimulate each other to be faithful to our small group experience?
- How can we stimulate others to be faithful to attend worship?
- What does it mean to devote ourselves to the apostles’ teachings?
- What hinders us from spending time in prayer with other people?
Read: John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
- How does Satan bring destruction to our lives?
- What does it mean to live an abundant life?
- How do acts of love and good works lead to a more abundant life?
Be sure to spend time praying for the needs of those in your small group.
Also, spend time praying for our dear friends in Haiti:
Pastor Cesar – in Port Au Prince
Pastor Delson – in St. Marc
Gary and Carolyn Walker – Missionaries to Haiti
Pray that God would give them strength and courage as they share the Gospel.