Dear Church Family,
“Win the world to Jesus!” If you’re like me, when you hear these words you feel a little bit like someone just asked you to drain the ocean with a Dixie cup.
Sharing your faith isn’t a job you’re supposed to do. Sharing your faith isn’t a task you’re supposed to complete. Sharing your faith isn’t even “sharing your faith”. It’s telling your story. And anyone can do that!
This week, we get ready for a month-long series about how to “win the world to Jesus” one person at a time. I hope you’ll come and be encouraged.
See you Sunday!
STEPS TO PREPARE
PRAY FOR THE SERVICES AND FOR YOURSELF
AND ME AND THE OTHER TEACHERS.
PRAYERFULLY READ THE SCRIPTURES
AND CONSIDER THE DISCUSSION QUESTIONS.
MAKE PLANS TO ATTEND A PREACHING SERVICE AND A SMALL GROUP.
INVITE SOMEONE TO COME WITH YOU.
PREPARING FOR SUNDAY: SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
Preparing for Sunday-August 25, 2019
THE GREAT COMMISSION
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- What is one of the biggest challenges you have ever faced?
- How successfully did you face it?
- What resources helped?
- Do you think seeing the resurrected Christ changed the disciples’ view of Jesus as the Messiah? How?
- What is the central command that Jesus gives His disciples?
- How are they to carry this out?
- What is the promise that Jesus makes at the end of this command?
How is this commandment an encouragement to you?
- What do you see as your responsibility in fulfilling the Great Commission?
- How does knowing that Jesus is always with you help you to fulfill this responsibility?
- How can we best pray for you?