We all want to see our friends and family know and experience the hope of the gospel. For this to happen they must be told about Christ in a clear and powerful way. Why is it that so few people effectively share Christ? in fact, many who claim to share Christ seem to do more damage than they do convincingly.
This Sunday we will learn some surprising things about how you can become effective in naturally sharing the good news.
Don’t miss it.
STEPS TO PREPARE
PRAY FOR THE SERVICES AND FOR YOURSELF
AND ME AND THE OTHER TEACHERS.
PRAYERFULLY READ THE SCRIPTURES
AND CONSIDER THE DISCUSSION QUESTIONS.
MAKE PLANS TO ATTEND A PREACHING SERVICE AND A SMALL GROUP.
INVITE SOMEONE TO COME WITH YOU.
PREPARING FOR SUNDAY: SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
- Have you ever seen someone keeps trying to force their faith on someone who was obviously closed?
- Describe how that went and what the results where.
- Why is it important to know when to be quiet?
Mat 7:6 “Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces
Mat 10:14-15 “Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet. Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.”
- What are ways you can tell if you have an open door to share your faith?
- What part does prayer play even when people are closed to you?
Mat 7:7-8 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.”
Col 4:2-6 Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving; praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned; that I may make it clear in the way I ought to speak. Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.
- Why is this verse the most important truth for effectively sharing your faith?
Mat 7:12 “In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
- How do you want to be treated when your………….
In a New place
- Share How someone lived this verse for you?
- In what areas does your character resemble Christ’s?