Next – How to Know What God Wants You to Do
NEXT STEP FORM
Wow, it’s 2018! What’s next for us? What does God want me to do this year? Does God care about my life? What is God’s plan and how can I know it? When it comes to doing the next thing how can we know what God wants?
Jesus said knowing and doing Gods will is essential for being recognized as part of his family.
Mat 12:50 “For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother.”
This week’s lessons on what we should pay attention to when seeking Gods will.
Please prayerfully consider the scriptures and questions.
PREPARING FOR SUNDAY: SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
- How can you know God has a will and wants you to know it?
1 Pe 4:2 so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.
Psa 143:10 Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God; Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
Eph 5:17 So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
- What’s the difference between wanting Gods direction and His permission?
- Why is trying to know Gods will either ignored or avoided?
Eph 5:15-17 Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, 16 making the most of your time, because the days are evil.17 So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
- What are ways you discern Gods will?
- Describe how has God shown you His will in the past?
- How can circumstances show you Gods will and what are the limitations?
- How can the scripture show you Gods will?
2 Ti 3:16-17 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
- Describe how this can be misapplied or misused.
- What part does prayer play in the holy spirits leading?
Act 13:2 While they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”
- Why does God not speak without confirming it through His community?
1 Co 14:32-33 and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets; 33 for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.
- How has God used dreams to show His will?
- What role can Godly desires play in knowing Gods will?
Psa 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.
- What is the precondition.
- Why must” does this reflect love for God and others?” Be the most important question.
1Ti 1:5 But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
Mat 22:37-40 And He said to him, ” ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38 This is the great and foremost commandment. 39 The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40 On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”