Loving God in Reverse: Giving False Witness
As a follower of Jesus you are a witness. The single most powerful thing we can give people is a witness of God’s great love and forgiveness through Christ. It is the witness of the kindness of God that brings people to repentance.
Rom 2:4- Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?
Often religious people forget this fact. When we do we are no longer are believable witnesses for Christ. We cannot be perfect so we must be honest. Being an honest and believable witness is essential as a parent or in any area of life. This is why God hates bearing a false witness.
Pro 6:16-19: There are six things which the LORD hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood. A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers.
This Sunday I will teach on how to live as an honest and believable witness. I will show you some practices you must see and avoid. If you want to be believable you must end anything that communicates a lie. Please make sure you attend a preaching service this Sunday. I believe this can change your life and make you the witness God wants.
Try to invite a friend to sit and hear this message.
STEPS TO GET READY
- Prayerfully read and consider the scriptures verses below.
- Read and prepare to discuss the following questions.
- Plan to attend a small group on Sunday.
- What does it take to be a believable witness?
- How can you damage your credibility as a witness?
James 1:26-If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart; this man’s religion is worthless.
- What are ways you can intentionally bear false witness in person or online?
- What are ways you can unintentionally bear false witness in person or online? Describe an experience of how lies have damaged someone.
Pro 18:8 -The words of a whisperer are like dainty morsels, and they go down into the innermost parts of the body.
- What must you do to guard your witness as a truth speaker online or in person? Pro 20:19 – He who goes about as a slanderer reveals secrets, therefore do not associate with a gossip.
- In what areas do you act as a witness for Christ?
Act 1:8- but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
- How important is your witness to you?
Romans 1:16- For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.