Change – How to Change when I Don’t Feel Like It
NEXT STEP FORM
The Bible tells us that real change will involve your mind and your heart. Just knowing things will do little until you deeply feel your need to the point of moving your will. We are called to have pure hearts. To guard our hearts and to love with all our heart.
I’m looking forward to seeing you all Sunday morning.
PREPARING FOR SUNDAY: SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
- Why is having God move in your heart feelings so important to following him?
Mat 22:37-28 And He said to him, ” ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38 “This is the great and foremost commandment.
Joh 14:15 “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
- What do we mean when we say, “his hearts not in it”?
- What is the connection between the heart and real lasting change?
Joel 2:13 And rend your heart and not your garments.” Now return to the LORD your God, For He is gracious and compassionate, Slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness and relenting of evil.
- What can turn our heart away from God? Give examples.
Deu 30:17 “But if your heart turns away and you will not obey, but are drawn away and worship other gods and serve them,
- How does God turn our hearts back to Him?
Luk 15:14-18 “Now when he had spent everything, a severe famine occurred in that country, and he began to be impoverished. 15 “So he went and hired himself out to one of the citizens of that country, and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. 16 “And he would have gladly filled his stomach with the pods that the swine were eating, and no one was giving anything to him. 17 “But when he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired men have more than enough bread, but I am dying here with hunger! 18 ‘I will get up and go to my father, and will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in your sight.
- Describe something that turned your heart toward or away from God.
- Why is it important for you to pay attention to your heart?
Pro 4:23 Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life.
Rev 2:4 ‘But I have this against you, that you have left your first love.
- What is God doing in your heart now?