Andy & Kay Martin – Loving God Moment by Moment
This Sunday we have a very special couple coming to share with us. Andy and Kay Martin have been missionaries with Missionaries in Europe for many years. It was their job to help IMB Missionaries walk with God as they sought to love people toward Christ.
This Sunday they will expand on what I touched on last week. “HOW TO OVERCOME YOUR INDEPENDENCE FROM GOD” . This is pretty important. Remember what Jesus said John 15:4-5 – Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
I really want you to know how to abide so you can bear the fruit of love.Come hear these special guests as they teach us how to remember God. I can’t wait .
Small Group Questions
- “God is responsible for what is happening in my life at all times.” Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not? Give examples of how this is true.
- Our recent sermon series has been about how the church matters in my life. How can “the church” help me as I purpose remember/not forget God in the dailyness of my life?
- Read through Deuteronomy 8. Identify the commands that God gave to the Israelites as they prepared to go into the Promised Land. Discuss how those commands apply to us today.
- Read together Lamentations 3:21-24. Discuss the benefits of purposing to repent daily of making life about you and forgetting about God.
- What is a habit or discipline you need to begin building into your life to enable you to remember God moment by moment? 1Th 5:17 pray without ceasing