It’s crazy to think that my internship at Toledo First Baptist is coming to an end. It’s been such an adventure filled with excitement, hard work, hardship, and tons of learning.
Why am I taking off? Well, I believe God has called me to go back to school, specifically George Fox University, to get my BA in Psychology and then go for my Masters in Family Counseling. I’ve always had a passion for helping people, and I believe God has finally given me a direction to head. I have to say, this is the first time I’ve ever really been excited about going back to school. It’s going to be a new adventure and one that I know will be filled with God-inspired opportunities. I’ll still be running the website and doing a lot of the media-based work remotely from Newberg, but sadly it’s a tad bit out of our abilities for me to play piano remotely 🙂 .
God has a way of using circumstances both great and not so great to teach us lessons that we could never live without. This week, I’m getting the amazing opportunity to share some of those important lessons that I learned through my internship with all of you! So please join me next Sunday for my talk titled: Moving Forward. I can’t wait to see you all!
PREPARING FOR SUNDAY: SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
- What hinders you most from moving forward in your faith?
- As Christians, why is our view of finances supposed to be different than the world’s view?
Psa_20:7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
- Why is it so hard for us to give control of our finances over to God?
- Why is depression such a difficult subject for Christians to talk about?
- Why is it so hard to admit you need help?
Psa_36:11 Let not the foot of pride come upon me, And let not the hand of the wicked drive me away.
Pro_11:2 When pride comes, then comes dishonor, But with the humble is wisdom.
Pro_29:23 A man’s pride will bring him low, But a humble spirit will obtain honor.
Jas 4:6 But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, “GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.”
- What are the biggest obstacles that keep me from making healthy choices?
- What Can you do to overcome them?
- How can we pray for you specifically?